Save-A-Limb events are beginning EARLY this year! Please try to arrive before 8 A.M. if possible and at the very least well before the event you are participating in.
Please note start times above. There will be intermittent road closures of Beaver Dam Road beginning at 8 A.M., so plan to arrive before that time.
Registration for each event closes 30 minutes prior to the start.
8 a.m. Metric Century Ride Begins
8:15 a.m. 15 Mile Ride Begins
8:30 a.m. 6 Mile Ride Begins
8:45 a.m. 1 Mile Make a Difference Walk Begins
Online registration closes at 2 p.m. on Friday, September 23.
The event is pet-friendly.
Save-A-Limb Mission Statement and Funding Goals
The Save-A-Limb Fund supports children and adults who have complex limb and joint disorders by saving their limbs, preserving their joints and enhancing the quality of their lives.
How do we put our mission FIRST?
- Support families of patients in need at the Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics (RIAO) who do not have the financial resources to handle expenses that are not covered by insurance (initial clinical evaluations, transportation, housing costs, wheelchairs, walkers, postoperative care, etc.)
INTERNATIONAL OUTREACH AND MISSION WORK:
- Serve patients abroad by enabling the RIAO’s specialized medical staff to travel to impoverished areas around the world to provide orthopedic treatment.
- Sponsor one international patient per year to travel to the RIAO for treatment.
- Support research to improve techniques related to limb lengthening, limb reconstruction, joint preservation and joint reconstruction.
- Award one academic scholarship per year to a current or former patient who is pursuing a career in healthcare.
- Acquire specialized medical equipment that enhances treatment methods and improves patient outcomes.